Baked Guavas stuffed with Mushrooms and Olives
- To prepare the guavas for stuffing, cut a thin slice from the top of the guava.
- With a ball scoop or small spoon, remove the seeds and set the guavas aside.
- Heat the oil in a skillet.
- Add mushrooms, onion, green olives, herbs, salt and pepper; saute until vegetables are soft.
- Remove the mixture from the flame; cool.
- Stuff the guavas, filling them to the top.
- Place stuffed guavas in a baking dish just large enough to hold them and sprinkle sesame seeds over the guava tops.
- Bake at 325°F for 1 hour, or until the fruit is tender.
- Serve hot.