Barbecued Salmon I
- Original recipe
- Source: jkbgraysail via dLife
- 4 salmon steaks, ¾ to 1-inch thick
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- salt and black pepper
- ½ cup KC Masterpiece Original barbecue sauce
- fresh oregano sprigs
- grilled mushrooms (optional)
- Rinse salmon, pat dry with paper towels.
- Combine lemon juice and soy sauce in shallow glass dish.
- Add salmon; let stand at cool room temperature no more than 15 to 20 minutes, turning salmon several times.
- Remove salmon from marinade, discard marinade.
- Season lightly with salt and pepper.
- Lightly oil hot grid to prevent sticking.
- Grill salmon on covered grill over medium heat 10 to 14 minutes.
- Halfway through cooking time, brush salmon with barbecue sauce, then turn and continue grilling until fish flakes easily when tested with fork.
- Remove fish from grill.
- Brush with remaining barbecue sauce.
- Garnish with oregano sprigs and mushroom, (optional).
- Basting sauces containing sugar, honey or tomato products should be applied only during the last 15 to 30 minutes of grilling. This will prevent the food from charring. Small amounts of these sauces add flavor without many carbs.
- Calories: 215 | Carbohydrates: 4g | Protein: 25g | Total Fat: 10g | Saturated Fat: 6g | Sodium: 433mg
- "Healthy Recipes for Diabetic Friends Y-Group" http://health.groups.yahoo.com/group/Healthy_Recipes_For_Diabetic_Friends/