- Combine: 3 cups all-purpose flour, 1 tablespoon baking powder, ½ teaspoon salt and 2 tablespoons Sugar.
- Put in a large bowl and make a well in the center.
- Combine: 2 tablespoons cooking oil*, 1 egg and ¾ cup milk and beat well.
- Preheat oven to 450F.
- Pour the milk mixture into the flour, and mix well, stirring until the dry ingredients are moistened.
- Grease your hands slightly, and turn the dough out onto a lightly floured surface.
- Knead 8 to 10 times.
- Roll the dough out to ½-inch thickness.
- Add flour if the dough is too sticky.
- Cut into two-inch rounds and place on an ungreased cooking sheet.
- Bake in preheated oven for 10 minutes or until golden brown.
- Serve warm or cold, with butter, honey and jam.