Basket and Bows Cupcakes
Chocolate Cupcakes that look like baskets with bows.
- Makes: 14 jumbo cupcakes.
From "Catsrecipes Y-Group"
- 4 cups flour
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp salt
- ¾ tsp baking soda
- 1¼ cups unsalted butter, softened
- 2 cups sugar
- 4 eggs
- 2 tsp vanilla
- 1¾ cups buttermilk
Chocolate Royal icing
- Heat oven to 350 °F.
- Grease jumbo muffin pans with nonstick spray.
- Whisk flour, baking powder, salt and soda in a bowl to blend.
- Beat butter and sugar in a bowl until fluffy.
- Beat in eggs. Stir in vanilla.
- Beat in flour mixture alternating with buttermilk.
- Spoon batter into muffin cups.
- Bake for 24 minutes or until done.
- Cool in pan then remove cupcakes.
- Beat butter, sugar, milk and extract in bowl until smooth. Cover.
Chocolate royal icing
- In a bowl, combine sugar, cocoa, water and egg whites.
- Beat until combined then beat until icing is shiny and thick.
- Cover icing with plastic wrap.
- Ice the side of a cupcake with Royal Icing.
- Using tines of a fork, draw lines through the icing to resemble a basket.
- Set on wax paper to dry.
- Repeat with remaining cakes.
- Spread tops of cupcakes with 3 tbs white frosting.
- Unwrap marzipan.
- Divide in quarters.
- Tint a quarter with a single drop of food coloring.
- Knead until coloring is evenly distributed.
- Roll out to ⅛ inch thickness.
- Cut ¾ inch wide strips to form ribbon.
- Trim ends to resemble ribbon points.
- Cut another strip of marzipan 6 inches by ¾ inch, fold the ends to the center to make a bow.
- Wrap another thin strip around the center of the bow and press on the bottom to seal.
- Repeat with remaining marzipan and food coloring.
- Transfer ribbons to cupcakes, center bows on top of ribbons.
- Serve immediately.
- "Catsrecipes Y-Group" http://Groups.Yahoo.Com/Group/Catsrecipes/ Catsrecipes Y-Group