This recipe came from an estate sale. I obtained it when I purchased the family collection from the Wadley Estate in Allen, Texas in 1990. From "Catsrecipes Y-Group"
- 4 boneless pork loin chops
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 1 teaspoon butter
- ½ cup chopped green onion
- 2 garlic cloves minced
- 8 ounces sliced mushrooms
- ½ teaspoon thyme
- 8 ounces beer at room temperature
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- Lightly flour both sides of chops.
- Melt butter in nonstick skillet over medium-high heat until foaming.
- Brown chops quickly on both sides.
- Remove chops and reserve pan drippings.
- Add green onion, garlic, mushrooms and thyme and sauté an additional minute.
- Return chops to skillet then add beer and bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat and cover then simmer 8 minutes.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- "Catsrecipes Y-Group" http://Groups.Yahoo.Com/Group/Catsrecipes/ Catsrecipes Y-Group