Beef Stir-fry with Couscous
Beef Recipes by the South Carolina Department of Agriculture, public domain government resource—original source of recipe
- Serves: 4
- 1¼ pounds boneless beef top sirloin steak, cut 1 inch thick
- 1 can (13¾ to 14½ ounces) single strength beef broth
- 1 cup couscous
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 medium red bell pepper, cut into ¼-inch thick strips
- ½ cup coarsely chopped vidalia or other sweet onion
- ½ cup prepared honey-Dijon barbecue sauce
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh parsley
- parsley sprigs
- Trim fat from beef steak.
- Cut steak lengthwise in half and then crosswise into ¼-inch thick strips; set aside.
- In medium saucepan, bring beef broth to a boil.
- Stir in couscous; cover pan and remove from heat.
- In large nonstick skillet, heat oil over medium-high heat until hot.
- Add beef, ½ at a time, and stir-fry 1 to 2 minutes or until outside surface is no longer pink.
- Remove from skillet with slotted spoon; keep warm.
- In same skillet, stir-fry bell pepper and onion 2 to 3 minutes or until crisp-tender.
- Return beef to skillet; stir in barbecue sauce.
- Cook and stir 1 to 2 minutes or until heated through.
- Arrange beef mixture on couscous; sprinkle with chopped parsley.
- Garnish with parsley sprigs.