Beef with Prunes
- After removing any excess fat from the meat, cut it into 3 cm squares and coat them with the seasoned flour.
- Put layers of the meat, prunes and onions in a greased oven-proof dish, sprinkling each layer with some of the brown sugar.
- Mix together the vinegar, soy sauce and chutney.
- Stir in the beef stock.
- Pour the mixture into the dish with the meat.
- Cover tightly.
- Bake in a moderate oven for about 1½ to 2 hours.
- Serve with steamed rice, pasta or vegetables of your choice.