Belizean Rice Pudding
- ¾ – 1 cup raw rice
- 6 – 8 cups water
- 1 piece cinnamon stick (2 – 3 inch long)
- 10 – 12 spice seeds
- 3 eggs (well beaten)
- 1 tin sweetened condensed milk or sugar to taste
- ½ nutmeg
- 1 tbsp margarine 15 ml
- 1 large evaporated milk (diluted with 1 can water) (14½ oz can)
- 2 tbsp rum (optional)
- Boil water with cinnamon stick and spice seeds.
- Add rice and cook rice until it absorbs all the water.
- In a medium bowl beat eggs, add milk, essence, rum and nutmeg to make a custard.
- Add boiled rice.
- Mix well.
- Put in a deep greased cake tin or pyrex dish.
- Dot top with margarine.
- Bake in moderate oven 350°F / 180°C for 40 – 45 minutes until a knife inserted come out dry.
- Put a pan of water in bottom of oven.