- Ethnicity - Marathi, West Indian
- Type of meal - Party, Lunch, Dinner
- 6 Small sized aubergines (eggplant)
- 2 tsp Powder of roasted peanuts
- 1 tsp Powder of roasted sesame seeds
- 1 tsp Goda masala
- 1 tsp Red chile powder
- 3 tsp peanut oil
- ½ tsp cumin seeds
- ¼ tsp mustard seeds
- 2 tsp tamarind water (optional)
- 2 tsp jaggery water
- ½ tsp coriander leaves
- salt to taste
- grated coconut (fresh, not dessicated)
- Prepare the 'stuffing' masala by mixing together fresh grated coconut, peanut powder, sesame seed powder, red chilli powder, goda masala and salt.
- 2lice the aubergines into four leaving them attached only at the stem.
- Insert the 'stuffing' masala in it.
- Heat oil in pan.
- Add cumin and mustard seeds.
- Place the stuffed aubergines in it.
- Pour little water and cover for 10-12 minutes.
- Add the remaining stuffing.
- The gravy must be thick.
- Now add tamarind (optional) and jaggery water.
- Add salt to taste.
- Garnish with coriander leaves and grated coconut.
- Serve with rotis.