Big Bowl Lettuce Wraps
- 8 – 10 large lettuce leaves
- 2 broccoli stalks or around 7 florets
- 2 medium carrots
- 2 green onions [Skip--I don't like these]
- 1 cup fresh fennel bulb or tops [Skip--I don't like fennel]
- 1 small handful fresh parsley [We have this in a plastic tube in the refrig door]
- 2 roma tomatoes ( or 1 beefsteak) [We always like these]
- 2 tablespoons capers or chopped green olives [I need to buy another jar anyway]
- 2 cups crushed pistachios
- 1 cup crushed cashews [skip 'em]
- ⅓ fresh red bell pepper
- 2 big stalks celery
- 1 cup chopped fresh mushroom (if using canned, save the juice) [Skip--I don't remember any in there]
- 2 heads fresh lettuce cored, and washed. set aside...to use for wraps
- Get a huge bowl.
- Chop all of the fresh ingredients (except lettuce) into fine bits.
- Add all of the sauce ingredients and toss together.
- Use the fresh, washed lettuce leaves as you would a tortilla for wrapping the filling.
- For added taste, add ⅓ cup juice from mushroom can, or even strain the juice from a can of kidney beans or black that you might be using for something else.
- This is a great way to use up the leftover produce in your fridge! If you want, you can change the seasonings for a different taste.
- Try black olives instead of green with tofu for a Greek wrap, etc.