Black Bean Soup
- In ¼ cup butter, saute carrots, onion, celery and broccoli stems for 5 minutes.
- Add thyme, oregano and basil; saute 5 minutes more.
- Add wine and deglaze pan.
- Add hot chicken stock and reduce by one-third.
- Add Worcestershire sauce, tabasco, smoked chicken, beans and broccoli florets; simmer 5 minutes.
- Add cream, simmer 5 minutes more and season to taste (thicken with cornstarch if desired).
- Drop in remaining butter, piece by piece, stirring until melted and serve immediately.
- On a covered grill, slightly smoke boneless chicken, cooking to medium rare (about 30 minutes).
- Chef Meskan uses applewood chips and does not allow the grill to become too hot.