- 3 tbsp minced green onions
- 2 tbsp bourbon
- 2 tbsp maple syrup
- 1 tbsp low-sodium soy sauce
- 1 tbsp Dijon mustard
- ¼ tsp pepper
- 24 large sea scallops (about 1½-pounds)
- 6 low-sodium bacon slices (4-ounces)
- cooking spray
- Combine first 6 ingredients in a bowl; stir well.
- Add scallops, stirring gently to coat.
- Cover and marinate in refrigerator 1 hour, stirring occasionally.
- Remove scallops from bowl, reserving marinade.
- Cut each slice of bacon into 4 pieces.
- Wrap 1 bacon piece around each scallop (bacon might only wrap halfway around scallops if they are very large).
- Thread scallops onto 4 (12-inch) skewers, leaving some space between scallops so bacon will cook.
- Place skewers on a broiler pan coated with cooking spray; broil 8 minutes or until bacon is crisp and scallops are done, basting occasionally with reserved marinade (cooking time will vary greatly with size of scallops).
Calories 245 (26% from fat) | fat 7g (sat 2g, mono 2.5g, poly 1.1g) | protein 32.4g | carb 11.3g | fiber 0.1g | chol 68 mg | iron 0.7 mg | sodium 642 mg | calc 51m