Bourbon Sauce for Desserts
A yummy sauce that is great over desserts, ice cream or cake. The recipe comes from a garden club and was published in the paper.
- ½ cup butter (at room temp)
- 1 cup sugar
- 4 egg yolks, beaten
- 1 pinch salt
- 1 cup cream, heated
- ½ cup bourbon
- In a small bowl, with a hand mixer or whisk, cream butter and sugar.
- Transfer to the top of a double boiler and place over, but not touching simmering water.
- Beat in egg yolks and salt.
- Slowly add hot cream and stir until thickened, add bourbon and stir until an even consistency is obtained, keep warm.
- Serve over any dessert, pudding, ice cream or poundcake.