Broccoli and Cauliflower with Pine Nuts and Raisins
- Makes 6 servings
- 1½ cups broccoli florets
- 1½ cups cauliflower florets
- 2 cloves garlic, thinly sliced
- 2 tbsp raisins
- 2 tbsp pine nuts
- 3 tbsp olive oil
- salt and pepper, to taste
- Steam the broccoli and cauliflower until they're the consistency you like them.
- Meanwhile, soak raisins in very hot water to plump them up.
- Heat oil over medium-high heat, and sauté garlic until slightly golden.
- Add pine nuts and sauté another minute.
- Pour garlic and pine nut oil over broccoli and cauliflower and toss with drained raisins.
- Salt and pepper to taste.
- Calories 80 | Fat 6 g | Carbs 6 g | Sodium 15 mg | Fiber 0.8 g.
- "Healthy Recipes for Diabetic Friends Y-Group" http://health.groups.yahoo.com/group/Healthy_Recipes_For_Diabetic_Friends/