Bubble and Squeak
Contributed by Catsrecipes Y-Group
- Source: my Old Recipes
- Serves 6
- ¼ cup melted butter
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 lb potatoes, cooked and coarsely mashed
- 1 lb cabbage, kale or other greens, cooked
- 3 tbsp toasted bread crumbs
- additional butter or drippings
- Preheat oven to 400°F.
- Grease a 2 quart baking dish.
- In medium skillet over medium heat, heat butter.
- Add onion.
- Cook about 5 minutes.
- In large bowl, mix potatoes and greens.
- Stir in onions and bread crumbs.
- Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Transfer mixture to baking dish.
- Cover with foil. Bake 45 minutes.
- To serve, spoon into serving dish and drizzle with additional melted butter if desired.