- Source: dLife
- 1 cup buckwheat flour
- 1 cup whole wheat flour
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 2 cups water
- ½ cup unsweetened applesauce
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- In a medium size bowl, combine the buckwheat flour, whole wheat flour, egg and baking powder, mixing thoroughly.
- Add the water, applesauce and vanilla extract and stir until only small lumps remain.
- Heat a large nonstick skillet coated with cooking spray over medium heat.
- Pour the batter into the pan and cook for 2 – 3 minutes or until the bottom is browned, turn and cook 1-2 minutes or until golden brown.
- Repeat to make a total of 12 pancakes.
- Make sure skillet is hot before pouring batter on.
- Calories 80 | Fat 1g | Saturated Fat 0g | Protein 3g | Carbohydrate 16g | Fiber 2g | Cholesterol 20mg | Sodium 130mg
- "Healthy Recipes for Diabetic Friends Y-Group" http://health.groups.yahoo.com/group/Healthy_Recipes_For_Diabetic_Friends/