Cajun Catfish Skillet
Makes 4 servings.
- 2 cups water
- 1 cup uncooked rice
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon ground red pepper
- ¼ teaspoon ground white pepper
- ¼ teaspoon ground black pepper
- ½ cup finely minced green onions
- ½ cup finely minced green pepper
- ½ cup finely minced celery
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tablespoon margarine
- 1 pound catfish nuggets or other firm flesh white fish
- 1 x 15½-ounce can tomato sauce
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano leaves
- Combine water, rice, salt, red pepper, white pepper and black pepper in 3-quart saucepan.
- Bring to a boil; stir.
- Reduce heat; cover, and simmer 15 minutes or until rice is tender and water is absorbed.
- Cook onions, green pepper, celery and garlic in margarine in large skillet over medium-high heat until tender.
- Stir vegetable mixture, catfish nuggets, tomato sauce and oregano into hot rice.
- Cover and cook over medium heat 7 to 8 minutes or until catfish flakes with fork.