Cajun Mac and Cheese
Contributed by Smiles From The Lr at World Recipes Y-Group
- 6 cups milk
- 3 cups shredded mozzarella cheese
- 8 cups shredded cheddar cheese
- 6 oz grated romano cheese
- 32 oz uncooked macaroni
- 1 pound butter
- 4 eggs
- 1 pound small cooked shrimp
- 1 pound cooked crawfish meat
- 8 oz andouille sausage
- 8 oz lump crabmeat
- 8 oz Louisiana Hot Sauce
- 1 tbsp salt
- 1 tsp black pepper
- 1 tsp cayenne pepper
- Cook macaroni and drain, dump immediately into a large mixing bowl.
- Add milk, all but ½ cup of the cheddar cheese, all of the mozzarella cheese and butter on top of macaroni and mix thoroughly.
- Add salt, black pepper, and half of cayenne pepper.
- Beat the eggs by hand until frothy, add to the macaroni mixture.
- Add hot sauce, blend well.
- Dump whole small cooked (shelled and de-veined) shrimp, chopped crawfish meat, crabmeat and sausage.
- Mix well and let stand (tightly covered) for 5 minutes.
- Place in large casserole dish, cover top with grated romano cheese and the rest of the cheddar, sprinkle enough cayenne pepper on top to give the dish a nice rosy hue.
- Bake in 350°f oven for 45 minutes, or until top is deliciously browned, bubbly, and calling out to be eaten.
- Serve with fresh salad and hard rolls.