Cake with Apricot Marmalade
In Romanian: Prajitura cu marmelada de caise
This cake is even tastier after a day or two.
- 4 yolks
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1 cup melted butter (tepid)
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- flour as needed
- vanilla flavored confectioner's sugar
- Mix the yolks with the sugar, add the sour cream, vanilla and baking soda, then tepid melted butter and mix well.
- Add flour and knead a medium soft dough. Divide into 3 equal parts and roll each one into sheets the size of the baking sheet.
- Place a sheet in, spread a layer of marmalade, cover with the second sheet, spread another layer of marmalade and then cover with the third sheet. Bake, first at low temperature, then increase it.
- After it has cooled off, cut into rectangles and sprinkle with vanilla flavored confectioner's sugar.