Cake with Marmalade
In Romanian: Prajitura cu marmelada
- 1 lb / 500 g flour
- 7 oz / 200 g butter
- 2 whole eggs
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- ¾ oz / 20 g yeast
- 1 teaspoon vanilla or grated lemon peel
- shortening for the pan
- vanilla flavored confectioner's sugar
- Mix the butter with the yeast and sugar, add the eggs, salt, vanilla, flour and knead to obtain a rather soft dough.
- Let rest for half an hour. Divide the dough into 4 equal parts.
- Roll each into a sheet. Place a sheet into the buttered pan.
- Spread a ¼ inch layer of marmalade over it.
- Sprinkle ⅓ of the ground walnuts and sugar. Then place another dough sheet.
- Repeat the procedure with the marmalade and walnut/sugar mixture for this 2nd and 3rd sheets.
- Finally, cover with the 4th sheet and bake at medium heat.
- When golden brown, remove from the oven, sprinkle with vanilla flavored confectioner's sugar and cut into squares or rectangles.
- It is desirable to use 3 different kinds of marmalade.