From Recidemia English
- In a large heavy pot, saute the vegetables in a little butter for about 5 minutes, add the tomato paste, and cook slowly until well blended and vegetables are soft.
- Add the cayenne pepper or aji chombo and salt and pepper to taste.
- Add the consomme and bring to a boil and simmer.
- About 10 minutes before serving, break eggs separately and add two at a time to the simmering soup.
- As they set, remove the eggs to six individual bowls containing about ⅓ cup of warm milk or cream and fill the bowl with the caldillo.