Can't Relax' Fried Rice
I have a bit more specific fried rice recipe.
- 2 cups cooked white rice  (cause, I really don't have to tell you how to make it)
- ½ white onion
- 2 large carrots
- ¼ cup green beans
- ⅛cup bean sprouts
- ¼ cup peas
- ¼ cup broccoli
- olive oil
- salt and pepper
- garlic powder
- teriyaki sauce
- one large egg
- meat of your choice (optional, also, cubed fried tofu works well)
- Chop all of the veggies and meat into small cubes, except of course the green beans and peas.
- Coat a frying pan/skillet/wok in the oil and heat it up.
- When the oil is heated drop the egg in and scramble and fry it in the oil.
- Place the meat/tofu and vegetables in the oil.
- Cook them until they begin to brown and look cooked and add the rice.
- While the rice is in the pan, keep it moving constantly.
- As it's cooking, add teriyaki sauce to flavor.
- Some like it with more, some with less.
- Add garlic powder and salt and pepper to taste, as it's cooking as well.
- There's no real time that you're supposed to cook it.
- You need to cook it until all of the rice is thoroughly browned and the same shade.
- Remove from heat, place on a plate and serve.
A note on the rice
- This is a must! Your rice cannot be microwavable, 5 minute rice or other cheap facsimiles. There's something about them that causes them to not cook out right. My best results have generally been had with left over take out white rice.