This is a recipe I obtained from an estate sale. I obtained it when I purchased the family collection from the Hager estate in Canton, Texas in 1982.
- Contributed by catsrecipes y-group
- 1 cup water
- ¾ cup chicken broth
- ¾ cup long-grain white rice
- 1 teaspoon caraway seeds
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon butter
- Bring water and broth to a boil then stir in rice, caraway seed and salt.
- Cook until liquid is absorbed in a covered pan over low heat-about 20 minutes.
- Add butter and fluff with fork.
- Serve garnished with parsley.