- Source: 1,001 Delicious Recipes for People with Diabetes
- Original recipe
- Yield: 4 Servings
- Heat oil in large saucepan over medium-high heat; add annatto seeds and saute for 3 minutes.
- Remove seeds with slotted spoon and discard.
- Add onion to saucepan; saute 2 minutes.
- Add broth, potato, tomatoes and liquid, and thyme.
- Heat to boiling; reduce heat and simmer, covered, until potato is tender, about 10 minutes.
- Using potato masher or kitchen fork, coarsely mash mixture in pan.
- Add peas and flounder; simmer until fish is tender and flakes with a fork, about 10 minutes.
- Stir in lemon juice; season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Calories: 240 | Protein: 28.5 g | Sodium: 227 mg | Cholesterol: 60 mg | Fat: 4.2 g | Carbohydrates: 21.4 g
- Exchanges: 1 bread/starch | 3 meat