Carrot Spice Cookies
Makes 4 dozen cookies.
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 1 cup shredded carrots
- 1 cup raisins
- 1 egg
- ½ cup unsweetened applesauce
- 2 tbsp molasses
- 1 tsp alcohol free vanilla or vanilla powder
- 2½ cups rice flour
- 1½ tsp allspice
- ½ tsp baking powder
- Cream sugar and margarine in large bowl.
- Add carrots, raisins, egg, applesauce, molasses and vanilla; mix well.
- Measure flour, allspice and baking powder into same bowl; slowly stir flour mixture into other ingredients and mix until well blended.
- Drop by teaspoonfuls, 2 inches apart on lightly greased cookie sheets.
- Bake in 350°F.
- Oven 10 to 12 minutes or until cookies are set and lightly browned.
- Remove from baking sheet while still warm.
- Cool on wire rack.
Each cookie provides:
- 70 calories | 1g Protein | 2g Fat | 13g Carbohydrate | 0g Dietary fiber | 5mg Cholesterol | 33mg Sodium