- Activate the yeast in a starter bottle. Wash, scrub and slice the carrots and bring them to boil in sufficient water to cover them completely. Let it simmer for 20 minutes (but not any longer then that the carrots are tender).
- Strain the liquid into a fermenting bucket, discarding the carrot pulp. Add the Sugar to the hot liquid in the bucket and stir well to dissolve it.
- Leave the liquid to cool to about 20°C, then stir in the grape concentrate and the other ingredients except for the yeast. Cover and leave warm for 24 hours.
- Add the activated yeast and ferment for 2 days before pouring it into a demijohn. After 2 days, pour into the demijohn and top it up to the shoulder with cooled, boiled water. Fit a bung and airlock and leave to ferment to dryness.
- Move the demijohn to a cooler place and allow to clear and settle. Rack the wine as soon as a sediment appears. Rack again when necessary, topping it up with apple juice.
- This wine should be drinkable in about six to nine months.[]