Catfish with Spicy Cantaloupe Slices
A Catfish recipe. Serves 4.
- 4 U.S. farm-raised catfish fillets, 6 to 8 ounces each
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- sea salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- juice of half a lime
- 8 to 12 thin wedges ripe cantaloupe, seeded and peeled
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh mint leaves
- ½ teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 1 cup fresh blueberries, stems removed, or strawberries, hulled (optional)
- Lightly oil the fillets and sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- Prepare a hot fire.
- When ready to grill, set an oiled perforated grill rack over the fire.
- Place the on the rack and grill until the is opaque and just beginning to flake when tested with a fork, 4 to 5 minutes per side, turning once halfway through the grilling time.
- Arrange the fillets on 4 serving plates.
- Fan 2 to 3 wedges of melon on each plate.
- Squeeze the juice of half a lime over the fish and sprinkle with the mint leaves, red pepper flakes, and blueberries or strawberries.