Cavatappi Pasta and Chicken Cacciatore with Mushrooms
Contributed by Catsrecipes Y-Group
- Makes 12 servings
- ⅓ cup boiling water
- 2 pkgs dried porcini mushrooms, rinsed
- 3 pounds boneless skinless chicken thighs, in pieces
- 2 tsp salt
- ⅛ tsp pepper
- 2 tbs olive oil
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 clove garlic, chopped
- 1 pkg shiitake mushrooms, stems removed, caps sliced
- 1 pkg white mushrooms, sliced
- 2 cans whole tomatoes in purée
- ¼ cup capers, drained
- ½ tsp red pepper flakes
- 2 boxes cavatappi pasta
- Pour boiling water over porcini mushrooms in bowl, soak 10 minutes.
- Drain through sieve lined in paper toweling. Chop.
- Sprinkle chicken with ½ tsp salt and pepper.
- In saucepan, heat 1 tbsp oil.
- Add half the chicken, cook until lightly browned.
- Remove to bowl, repeat.
- Reduce heat, add remaining oil, onion and garlic, saute until onion is softened.
- Add mushrooms, saute until softened.
- Stir in tomatoes, porcini liquid, remaining salt, capers and pepper flakes.
- Simmer, uncovered, 15 minutes.
- Return chicken to pan, cook 25 minutes or until chicken is cooked through.
- Cook pasta following package directions.
- Mix parsley and garlic in bowl.
- Transfer drained pasta to bowl, toss with half the chicken.
- Top with remaining chicken, then persillade.