Chancho a la Chilena
- This recipe is for 4 servings
- Heat the oil in a large flameproof casserole and brown the meat lightly all over.
- Add all the other ingredients to the casserole with enough water to cover.
- Bring to a boil, cover, reduce the heat, and simmer gently until the meat is tender, about 3 hours.
- Allow the meat to cool completely in the stock, then remove to a serving platter.
- Reserve the stock for another use.
- Serve the pork sliced with Salsa de Aji Colorado (red pepper sauce).
- In Chile the pork slices would be covered with the sauce.
- But since it can be quite incendiary if the peppers used are very hot, it is wiser to test one's palate with a little at a time.