- formatted by Lisa Crawford
- 3 tbsp butter
- 1 cup finely minced onion
- 8 oz cream cheese
- 1 lbs cottage cheese
- 1 cup ground almonds and walnuts combined
- ½ tsp salt
- lots of black pepper
- ½ tsp dill
- 2 tsp prepared mustard
- 2 to 3 tsp fresh lime or lemon juice
- 2 cup grated cheddar
- 1 cup ricotta
- a few walnuts halves, whole almonds and whole or chopped olives
- radishes, cucumber slices and parsley sprigs
- Preheat oven to 325 °F.
- Grease a standard loaf pan with 2 tablespoons of the butter.
- Saute onions in the remaining butter until soft, about 4 minutes.
- Combine the cream cheese, cottage cheese, ground nuts, salt, pepper, dill, mustard, lime juice, and cheddar in a food processor until uniform.
- Spoon into the prepared pan and bake 1 hour.
- Allow to cool completely in pan then chill for at least several hours before turning onto a serving platter.
- To decorate, spread ricotta cheese all over as if frosting a cake.
- Place garnish over cake as desired.
- Serve with dark bread or crackers.
Per serving: 481 Cal; 24g pro, 9g carb, 40g fat(73%), 2g fiber, 97 mg chol, 731 mg sodium