- Combine olive oil and millet in a pot over moderate heat.
- Toast the grains, stirring constantly, until darkened a few shades.
- Add water, bring to a boil, reduce heat, cover and cook until the millet is tender, about 20 minutes, add more water if necessary.
- Set aside for 10 minutes, then fluff with a fork.
- Individually steam vegetables until tender-crisp.
- In a bowl, mix seasoned tofu with salt, pepper, millet and vegetables.
- Mix gently.
- Moisten hands, divide mixture into 16 flattened balls and form into crack free patties, about ½" thick.
- Pat patties in breadcrumbs so they are coated on all sides.
- Set aside on waxed paper lined trays.
- Pan fry fricadelles over moderately high heat in a lightly oiled skillet for 5 to 7 minutes on each side.
- Keep warm in a 250°F oven.
- Drizzle with chutney and serve with rice pilaf and vegetables.