Cheese Potato Soup
Contributed by PressureCookerRecipes Y-Group
- Makes 10 servings
- 4 large potatoes, peeled, cut into 1-inch cubes
- 4 small onions, chopped
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1½ cups water
- 4 cups milk
- ¼ teaspoon black pepper
- 3 cups cheddar cheese
- 1 tablespoon parsley, chopped
- Place potatoes, onions, salt, and water in pressure cooker.
- Lock lid and bring to full pressure.
- Reduce heat to maintain pressure; cook for 3 minutes.
- Remove from heat.
- Allow pressure to release naturally.
- When pressure is released, open and mix mixture in a blender or mash it through a sieve until smooth.
- Return soup to cooker.
- Add milk and pepper.
- Heat over medium heat until starts to boil, stirring constantly.
- Add cheese and stir until melted.
- Serve at once, garnished with parsley.