Cherry-filled Bread Ring
- In large bowl, combine flour, sugar, baking powder and salt.
- With an electric mixer at low speed, blend in butter.
- In small bowl, mix eggs, milk, oil and vanilla.
- Add to flour mixture and beat just until blended.
- Gather dough into a ball, dust with flour, flatten into disk and wrap well.
- Refrigerate overnight.
- In food processor, combine all ingredients, except egg white, and process until coarsely chopped and blended.
- Cover and let sit overnight at room temperature.
- Preheat oven to 375°F.
- Grease baking sheet.
- Roll dough out between two sheets of plastic wrap or waxed paper into an 18 x 9-inch rectangle.
- Remove top sheet.
- Trim 1-inch piece off each long edge and set aside
- Spoon filling in a 2-inch wide strip lengthwise down center of dough.
- Lift plastic wrap at one long edge and fold dough over half of filling.
- Fold the other side over filling and press edges together to seal.
- Invert seam-side down onto prepared baking sheet; remove plastic.
- Pinch the two ends together to form a ring.
- With sharp knife or small cookie cutter, cut out reserved trimmings in leaf shapes.
- Brush bread ring with egg white and decorate with cut out dough.
- Brush with egg white again.
- Bake until lightly golden, 30 to 40 minutes.
- Let cool 10 minutes on baking sheet.
- Transfer to wire rack and let cool completely.