- Prepare cake mix according to package directions, adding eggs, water and oil.
- Pour batter into 24 paper-lined muffin-pan cups, filling two-thirds full.
- Remove 24 cherries from cherry filling; set aside.
- Spoon a generous teaspoon of remaining cherry filling onto the center of each cupcake.
- Bake at in a preheated 350-degree oven 20 to 25 minutes.
- Cools in pans on wire rack for 10 minutes.
- Remove from pan. Let cool completely.
- Frost each cupcake with vanilla frosting.
- Garnish each cupcake with reserved cherries.