Chewy Toffee Almond Bars
- Heat oven to 350 °F.
- Grease sides of 13x9x2-inch baking pan.
- Beat butter and Sugar until fluffy.
- Gradually add flour, beating until well blended.
- Press dough evenly into prepared pan.
- Bake 15 to 20 minutes or until edges are lightly browned.
- Meanwhile, combine toffee bits and corn syrup in medium saucepan.
- Cook over medium heat, stirring constantly, until toffee is melted (about 10 to 12 minutes).
- Stir in 1/2 cup almonds and 1/2 cup coconut.
- Spread toffee mixture to within 1/4-inch of edges of crust.
- Sprinkle remaining 1/2 cup almonds and remaining 1/4 cup coconut over top.
- Bake an additional 15 minutes or until bubbly.
- Cool completely in pan on wire rack.
- Cut into bars.
- About 36 bars.