Chicken, Mango, and Rice Salad
- 1 1/2 cups uncooked rice, preferably short grain
- 1 1/3 lbs boneless skinless Chicken breasts
- 2 tablespoons oil
- 1 1/4 teaspoons salt
- 3/4 teaspoon fresh ground pepper
- 3/4 cup chopped red onions
- 1 mango, peeled and cut into 1/2 inch dice
- 1 avocado, peeled and cut into 1/2 inch dice
- 3 1/2 tablespoons lime juice (about 2 limes)
- 3/4 cup chopped cilantro
- Cook rice until done, and rinse with cold water.
- Coat Chicken with 1 tbs. of the oil and season with 1/4 tsp. of the S/P.
- Cook Chicken until done
- When Chicken is cool enough to handle, dice into 1/2" pieces.
- Toss the rice, Chicken, Onion, mango, avacado, and rest of the oil (1 tbs), remaining salt and pepper, lime juice, and cilantro.
- Chill for at least 1 hour before serving.
- Revision: Since posting this recipe, I have been trying to cut back on consuming empty carbohydrates. So when I make this now I use little to no rice, and fill it with more of the other ingredients. It is still very good, especially after marinating for a while