Chicken à la Winegrower
From Recidemia English
- Cook bacon and garlic in butter in large skillet over medium-low heat until bacon is partially cooked; discard garlic.
- Add chicken and brown on all sides.
- Stir in onion and cook until transparent.
- Add ¼ cup wine and cook a few minutes, stirring to loosen browned particles.
- Add mushrooms, parsley, chives, bay leaf, black pepper and broth. Cover and cook over low heat 30 minutes or until chicken is tender.
- Remove chicken and keep warm. Discard bay leaf.
- Blend flour with remaining ¼ cup wine. Stir into sauce and cook until thickened and bubbly.
- Serve chicken over hot rice.
- Top with sauce and dollops of sour cream. Garnish with parsley, if desired.