Chicken Broccoli Stir-fry
Schezuan sauce adds heat to this Chinese favorite. Look for it near the soy sauce in grocery stores.
- Fruits and Vegetables Matter by the US Centers for Disease Control and prevention—original source of recipe, public domain government resource
- Cook Time: 25
- Serves: 4
- ⅓ cup orange juice
- 1 tbsp low-sodium soy sauce
- 1 tbsp Schezwan sauce
- 2 tsp cornstarch
- 1 tbsp canola oil
- 1 lb of boneless chicken breast, cut into 1 inch cubes
- 2 cups of frozen broccoli florets
- 1 x 6-oz package of frozen snow peas
- 2 cups of shredded cabbage
- 2 cups of cooked brown rice
- 1 tbsp sesame seeds (optional)
- Mix orange juice, soy sauce, schezuan sauce, and cornstarch in a small bowl.
- Set aside.
- Heat oil in a wok and add chicken.
- Stir fry for about 5–7 minutes.
- Add cabbage, broccoli, snow peas, and sauce mixture.
- Cook for about 5 minutes until vegetables are heated through.
- Serve over brown rice.
- Sprinkle with sesame seeds.
You don’t have to use a wok to cook this great-tasting meal. Use a large skillet instead.