Chicken Marsala III
Contributed by Anita at Healthy Recipes For diabetic Friends Y-Group
- Serves 4
- 4 (¼-pound) thin-sliced chicken breast cutlets
- ½ tsp salt
- ½ tsp coarsely ground black pepper
- 2 tsp olive oil
- 2 cups sliced fresh mushrooms
- 2 tsp all purpose flour
- ¼ cup marsala wine
- ¼ cup reduced sodium chicken broth
- Sprinkle the chicken with the salt and pepper.
- Heat the oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat.
- Add the chicken and cook until cooked through, about 3 mins on each side.
- Transfer the chicken to a platter and keep warm.
- Add the mushrooms to the skillet and cook, stirring frequently, until browned, about 3 mins.
- Sprinkle the mushrooms with the flour, stirring to blend.
- Add the marsala and broth; bring to a boil.
- Cook, stirring occasionally, until the sauce thickens, about 3 minutes.
- Spoon the sauce over the chicken.
Per serving (1 chicken cutlet with ¼ cup sauce)
- 164 Cal | 4g Fat | 1g Sat Fat | 0g Trans Fat | 66mg Chol | 430mg Sod | 3g Carb | 0g Fib | 28g Prot