Chicken and Mushroom Risotto
- Makes 6 servings
- 2 whole skinned and boned chicken breasts (about 1 pound)
- 1½ teaspoons seasoned salt
- ¼ teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1½ tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 large onion, sliced
- 1 cup catsup
- 1 x 16-ounce can sliced peaches (drain; reserve syrup)
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1 large green bell pepper, cut into squares
- 3 cups hot cooked rice
- Cut chicken in thin strips; sprinkle with seasoned salt and pepper.
- Cook in oil about 2 minutes. Add onion; continue cooking until onion is tender crisp.
- Blend catsup, peach syrup and soy sauce with enough water to make 2½ cups liquid.
- Pour over chicken. Cover and simmer 20 minutes.
- Add green pepper and peaches. Replace cover and continue cooking 10 minutes longer.
- Serve over fluffy rice.