Chicken with Carrot Chutney
Makes 6 servings
- 1 pound carrots, peeled and diced
- ½ cup water
- 1 small onion, diced
- ½ cup diced celery
- ½ cup diced green bell pepper
- ½ cup diced red bell pepper
- ½ cup raisins
- ½ cup sugar
- ½ cup cider vinegar
- 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour, divided
- ¼ teaspoon dry mustard
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon curry powder
- 6 boneless, skinless chicken breast halves (about 2¼ pounds)
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 3 cups hot cooked rice (cooked without salt and fat)
- Combine carrots and water in medium saucepan. Bring to a boil over high heat.
- Reduce heat to low; cover and cook 10 minutes or until tender. Drain water from saucepan.
- Add Onion, celery, green pepper, red pepper and Raisins.
- Stir Sugar, vinegar, 1 tablespoon flour, mustard and salt into carrot mixture. Cook and stir over medium heat until bubbly.
- Reduce heat to low; simmer 15 minutes or until thickened, stirring frequently.
- Mix remaining 2 tablespoons flour and curry; sprinkle over chicken on both sides.
- Heat oil in large skillet over medium heat until hot.
- Add chicken; cook 10 minutes or until brown and no longer pink in center, turning occasionally. Drain chicken on paper towels.
- Arrange on serving platter and top each breast half with 2 tablespoons carrot chutney.
- Serve remaining chutney in separate bowl. Serve with hot rice.