Chicken with Snow Peas
Makes 6 servings
- ½ pound boned and skinned chicken breast strips
- ⅛ teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 cup diagonally sliced celery (cut ¼-inch thick)
- ½ cup sliced onion
- 1 cup snow peas
- ½ cup chicken broth, divided
- 1 teaspoon cornstarch
- ¼ teaspoon sugar
- 2 teaspoons soy sauce
- 1 cup hot cooked rice
- Sprinkle chicken with salt and pepper.
- Cook in oil in small skillet over medium heat 2 minutes or until tender.
- Add celery, onion, snow peas and 2 tablespoons broth; cover and steam 1½ minutes.
- Remove cover and stir once.
- Blend cornstarch, sugar, soy sauce and remaining 6 tablespoons broth; stir into chicken-vegetable mixture.
- Cook and stir about ½ minute or until sauce is slightly thickened.
- Serve at once over hot rice.