Chilean Sea Bass Veracruz
Diabetic Special Diets. This recipe yields 4 servings.
- ¾ lb Chilean sea bass steaks skinned, boned, and cut into 1" cubes ( or use halibut steaks)
- 3 tbsp lime juice divided
- ⅛ tsp freshly-ground black pepper
- 4 large tomatoes seeded and diced
- 1 large onion diced
- 3 large garlic cloves finely minced
- 2 serrano peppers - (to 3) seeded, and finely chopped
- nonstick olive oil cooking spray as needed
- 2 tbsp chopped fresh cilantro
- 3 cup hot cooked rice
- Place fish, 1 tablespoon lime juice and black pepper in small bowl.
- Stir well and let marinate at least 15 minutes but not more than 30 minutes.
- Meanwhile, combine tomatoes, onion and garlic in medium bowl.
- Stir in serrano peppers; mix well.
- Spray medium nonstick skillet with cooking spray; heat over high heat.
- Add fish; cook and stir 2 to 3 minutes or until lightly browned.
- Reduce heat to medium; cover and cook about 5 minutes, stirring occasionally, or until fish just begins to flake.
- Remove fish to clean bowl; set aside.
- Return skillet to medium heat; add tomato mixture.
- Cook and stir about 3 minutes or just until onions are soft.
- Return fish to skillet; cook and stir 2 minutes.
- Remove from heat.
- Add remaining 2 tablespoons lime juice and cilantro.
- Serve over rice.
- Garnish, if desired.