Chili   is a simple and hearty meal, can be topped off nicely with coconut sour cream.
- 2 pounds ground beef
- 1 large onion, chopped, plus 3 tbsp finely chopped onion for garnish
- two 28oz cans stewed tomatoes
- two 15oz cans chili beans
- one 15oz can kidney beans
- one or two 6oz cans Spicy Hot V8 vegetable juice
- 2 tbsp sugar
- 2 tbsp chili powder
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 3/4 tsp onion powder
- 1/2 cup grated Cheddar cheese for garnish
- Cook meat.
- Include onions to meat and cook.
- Add remaining ingredients, excluding garnishes. (Include bean liquids)
- Simmer everything on stove for ~1.5 hours.
- Garnish with some onions and cheese, and serve.
- ↑ Keough, Kelly (2011). The 100 Best Gluten-Free Recipes for your Vegan Kitchen. Ulysses Press. pp. 96-97. ISBN 978-1-56975-872-4.
- ↑ Hagman, Bette (1990). The Gluten-Free Gourmet Living Well Without Wheat. Henry Holt and Company, Inc.. pp. 182. ISBN 0-8050-1210-9.