Chinese-style Pancake with Green Onion
Makes 15 pieces
- Mix flour, salt in a pot then slowly add in boiling hot water while stirring .
- Add cold water to make it soften/harden the dough. Mix till the dough is smooth
- Place a wet towel or clean cloth on the dough and wait for 30 minutes (depends on the room temperature)
- Cut 60 grams each a piece of dough and roll into a round shape. Spread sesame oil in the middle and add salt, chopped green onion. Roll up the flat round dough to a tube. Now twirl the tube into a curled up snake and flatten it again with hand only (do not push too hard).
- Pour 2 table spoon of cooking oil and heat up the pan.
- Place the dough in the pot and heat up both sides till it’s golden brown. Fry one side at a time for about 3 minutes. Again, it all depends on how hot the pan gets.
- Everyone should be aware of the danger of splashing oil. Keep yourself within safe distance since a lid is not suggested. By frying without a lid, the pancake will be crispy.