Chinese Scallop Stir-fry
Makes 6 servings
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 pound bay Scallops, rinsed and dried
- 2 cups sliced fresh Mushrooms
- 1 8-ounce can sliced water chestnuts, drained
- 1 red bell pepper or 1 green bell pepper, cut into strips
- 1 medium carrot, cut into strips
- 1/3 cup thinly sliced green onions
- 1/2 cup chicken broth
- 3 tablespoons dry sherry
- 3 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 6-ounce package frozen snow Peas*
- 3 cups hot cooked rice
- Heat oil in wok or large skillet over medium-high heat.
- Add Scallops and stir-fry 2 minutes.
- Stir in Mushrooms, water chestnuts, pepper, carrot and onions; stir-fry 2 minutes.
- Combine broth, sherry, soy sauce, cornstarch, ginger and pepper.
- Add to wok along with snow Peas.
- Cook 1 to 2 minutes, or until sauce is clear and thickened, stirring frequently.
- Serve over hot rice.