Chocolate Bourbon Pecan Pie
| Southern cuisine
|Chocolate Bourbon Pecan Pie
- Preheat oven to 350°F (175°C).
- Beat eggs until yellow and creamy, in a large bowl.
- Whisk in half-and-half, sugar, and syrup, until smooth.
- Stir in bourbon, chocolate chips, and pecans.
- Oil a springform pan lightly.
- Roll out the pastry dough and press it into a pan, pressing out any air bubbles.
- Pour mixture into oiled springform pan.
- Put pie on a baking sheet with a raised edge or border.
- Bake until only the center is sightly jiggly, about 2 hours.
- Do NOT remove the pie from the mold until absolutely cooled, at least an hour.
Tips, Notes, and Variations
- Cool on a wire grid or rack for even cooling.
- Serve slightly warmed, or at room temperature.
- Very good with a dollop of whipped cream or ice cream.