Chocolate Raspberry Cheesecake
From Recidemia English
- Cookie crumbs should come from 18 cream Filled Cookies that have been finely crushed. This 6 ozs of chocolate chips should be melted and cooled slightly . Combine crumbs and margarine; press onto bottom of 9-inch springform pan.
- Combine 24 ozs of cream cheese and Sugar, mixing at medium speed on electric mixer until well blended. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Blend in sour cream and vanilla; pour over crust. Combine remaining 8 ozs cream cheese and melted chocolate, mixing at medium speed on eletric mixer until well blended. Add Red raspberry preserves; mix well.
- Drop rounded measuring tablespoonsfuls of chocolate cream cheese batter over plain cream cheese batter, do not swirl. Bake at 325 degrees F., 1 hour and 25 minutes.
- Loosen cake from rim of pan; cool before removing rim of pan. Melt chocolate pieces and whipping cream over low heat stirring until smooth. Spread over cheescake. Chill.
- Garnish with additonal whipping cream, whipped, raspberries and fresh mint leaves, if desired.