Chop Suey with Tuna
Source: Recipes for Diabetics by Billie Little with Penny L. Thorup
- 2 stalks celery, cut small
- ½ onion, chopped fine
- ½ tsp pepper
- 2 tbsp soy sauce
- 2 cup + 2 tbsp water
- ¾ cup rice
- ¾ cup tuna
- Cook celery and onion in 2 tbsp water over low heat, covered.
- When tender, remove from heat, add rice, 2 cups water, and seasonings.
- Bring to a boil.
- Turn heat to low and cook covered, until rice is tender and liquid absorbed (about ½ hour).
- Add tuna.
- Mix and remove from heat.
- Set aside, covered, for a few minutes before serving.
Food exchange per serving: 1 starch/bread exchange + 1 meat exchange