Christmas Day Parfaits
From Recidemia English
- Set aside about 18 raspberries and 6 sprigs of fresh mint for garnish.
- Combine the sugar and water in a pot and add the remaining raspberries.
- Stir gently to coat the berries with the liquid.
- Cover the pot and, over medium heat, cook the berries just till they soften, but do not lose their shape, stirring occasionally, 3 to 4 minutes.
- Remove from heat.
- Take the remaining fresh mint leaves off their stems and chop coarsely.
- In a medium pot, over medium-high heat, scald the cream.
- Remove from heat and add the tea bags along with the fresh mint leaves.
- Let steep until the cream is completely cool.
- Squeeze the tea bags out into the cream, strain it, and return the cream to the pot.
- Put the pot back om the heat and scald it again.
- Remove from heat and stir in the chopped chocolate until it is completely melted.
- This sauce can be made in advance and then heated up at the last minute.
- Line up 6 parfait or pilsner glasses and put a tablespoon of the raspberry sauce in the bottom of each.
- Layer the ice cream, chocolate mint sauce, and raspberry sauce twice, ending with the raspberry sauce on top.
- Add a few uncooked raspberries and garnish with the fresh mint sprigs.